September 23, 2022

Can You Really Be Happy In Life?

Life is uncertain. I think I have lived enough to know that life is uncertain and happiness can vanish at any moment leaving behind a long wake of tragedy. I have seen my life go through the ups and the downs of uncertainty and unhappiness on a regular basis; in fact, quite frequently until I met a certain person.

I have seen my infancy robbed at birth by parents’ abandonment. I have seen my childhood shattered by all kinds of abuse in the hands of many monstrous people. I have seen my adolescence destroyed by debilitating manic depression. I have been at the crossroad of life where the signboard to hell was brighter and inviting than the others. I had nearly taken the path to hell at that junction of life and death.

But then, one day, on some mysteriously amazing day, Jesus stood in the middle of that crossroad and pointed me towards the path of life. At the age of eighteen, and from the height of disillusionment, I saw the path of life and took it; ever since that day I have been joyfully walking on it even in the face of uncertainty and unhappiness.

As I walk along this path of life, I have met some amazing travelers. They have offered me much needed company; some give a helping hand to pull me out of the ditch, others give me a push from behind to climb a rock; some offer water to quench my thirst, others share their substances to sustain me along my walk. It has been an amazing journey, and continues to surprise me at every turn!

Jesus, the person who turned my world upside down, helped me overcome my feelings of abandonment. He restored my childlike innocence that was once taken away from me. He healed me from my debilitating manic depression and migraine headache. Miracle of all miracles, I was able to love me and accept me just as I am. A shattered and tattered figure of a boy; Jesus miraculously turned him into a man and set him on this amazing journey.

However, I have also been on the side of Christ-less Christianity. I was fired from my first ever full time job in my life, and my two month salary was confiscated by a Christian headmaster of a school who accused me of preaching the gospel to the students. I was excommunicated by a church for speaking the truth. I have witnessed church leaders engage in bitter conflicts in order to lay claim to the church property. I have been betrayed and stabbed on the back by Reverends and Bishops. I have been chased and hunted down by Christian missionaries and their pawns for taking a stand for what was right. I have met heartless and judgmental prophets and preachers who would do and say anything for money, and destroy anyone who stands on their ways. I have seen the dark side of Christianity of which there is no use of speaking about because a Christ-less Christianity can still be a very dangerous thing to talk about in my part of the world.

Therefore, in order to keep myself walking in the path of life Jesus showed, I have learned a few lessons that have helped me in making this journey so far. I have discovered the art and the mystery of being happy, content, and consistent in my walk with Christ in this heartless and uncertain world.

One of these life changing lessons I learned was to make sure the foundation on which I was standing was rock-solid to hold me tight in the event of any calamities. I have learnt to stand on the right kind of ground; though at times such a ground is covered with the debris of suffering and pain. Nevertheless, it is very reassuring to know that the ground underneath you will not shift by the currents of pain and pressure.

The ground on which we stand matters. Trusting a sandy foundation on a rainy day can be devastating. When the traveling gets tough, knowing where you are standing is crucial for the journey to continue. When the happiness vanishes, knowing who and what is holding you makes it possible to find happiness once again.

Money, health, family, friends, fame and possessions are good things in life. They make life much easier and colorful. But if we make them the foundations of our being and put our trust in them, they have the habit of betraying us at unexpected times and uncomfortable places.
To the people who make money as the foundation of their life, the Bible says;
“Teach those who are rich in this world not to be proud and not to trust in their money, which is so unreliable. Their trust should be in God, who richly gives us all we need for our enjoyment” (1Tim.6:17, NLT).

Money has the tendency of taking the place of God in our lives. It darkens the signboard of heaven and brightens the one leading to hell. Money also has the habit of abandoning us when we need it the most. The more we run after it, the farther it goes from us. Even if we managed to get hold of it, it cannot solve our fundamental problems. That is why Jesus said;
“People do not live by bread alone, but by every word that comes from the mouth of God” (Matthew 4:4, NLT).

On the other hand, making God as the foundation of our life and trusting him opens the door for divine provisions in which God not only meets our needs but also provides everything for our enjoyment. Having money is not the problem; the problem comes when we make money the ground on which we stand. When we do that, we start treating God and fellow human beings as unnecessary interferences in our path to the pleasure island. When life is shaken, money runs away. Even if it does not run away, it is incapable of giving happiness when life falls apart and relationships breakdown.

The Bible also has warning for those who put their trust in human beings; be that family, friends or self.
“The relatives of the poor despise them; how much more will their friends avoid them! Though the poor plead with them, their friends are gone” (Proverbs. 19:7, NLT).

Most people will abandon you when you become a burden to them. That is why the prophet Jeremiah said; “cursed is everyone whose trust is in man” (Jeremiah 17:5). Your own physical strength is also not a very reliable place to put your trust in. Your health can give up on you when you least expect.

Some people make religion as the foundation of their life, but religion is also very deceptive and unreliable. As long as you are capable of handling your life on your own, religion gives you a false sense of security while demanding much from you. But when you need something or someone other than yourself to help you out of your situation, religion is useless. It becomes like the clean garments wrapped around a dead body. They are good for nothing other than discarding.

The only sure and secure foundation for life is Jesus Christ. How do I know it? Because Jesus personally makes that claim. And, I have found in my life that he indeed fulfills what he promises. In the Old Testament he was prophesied as ‘the Rock’. He himself alluded that he is the rock on which humans have to build their lives. He even said that he will build his church upon that rock. Whoever puts their trust in this rock will never be put to shame! Countless people in history have made the wisest decision in making Jesus the foundation of their life. No one has ever regretted for putting their trust in Jesus; unless they mistook him for religion.

The Bible says; “Jesus Christ is the same yesterday, today, and forever” (Hebrews 13:8); anyone who believes in him and calls in his name will be saved, and will never be put to shame (Rom. 10:9–13).

The reason we can have this certainty is because the one who trusts in Jesus becomes a center in which humanity and divinity collide and become united. Humanity becomes swallowed up by divinity. Paul said;
“It is no longer I who live, but Christ lives in me” (Galatians 2:20, NLT). “I know how to live on almost nothing or with everything. I have learned the secret of living in every situation, whether it is with a full stomach or empty, with plenty or little. For I can do everything through Christ, who gives me strength” (Philippians 4:12–13).

No matter where you are standing right now. No matter how deep you are sinking in the mire clay. No matter how far you have drifted away from the anchor. No matter what is coming against you. No matter how meaningless life has become. You are only one call away from Jesus Christ who is ever ready to embrace you. He said;
“Come to me, all of you who are weary and carry heavy burdens, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you. Let me teach you, because I am humble and gentle at heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy to bear, and the burden I give you is light” (Matthew 11:28–30, NLT).

Just give him a call by saying; “Lord Jesus, come into my life and help me to live!”

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous3/09/2023

    Since you had a chance to say something about them NOW WE WILL SAY SOMETHING ABOUT YOU:
    You are so lost. MR. BHATTA.

    First off: The "Seminaries" you attended in Korea(I.e. Asia Life University) Is a Pentecostal belief, that itself tells us that you believe in so called "miracles", and that to you speaking in tongues are evidence of being baptized by the Holy Spirit. You even mention yourself in the "ABOUT" page", that you prayed in tongues, and that is evidence of BAPTIZED by the Holy Spirit.
    You are VERY WRONG biblically, Apostle Paul and Luke would correct you because one receives the Holy Spirit by having faith in Jesus Christ the moment in believing the gospel, not the way you had prayed at night. (Gal. 3:2, Eph. 1:13, Acts 10:42-44). In the bible, It is very clear they believed first, "specifically the remission of sins of Jesus Christ" then the holy spirit comes in regardless of some mystical magical feeling you claim to have.

    Another thing about you: you have no basis of a conversion testimony, you said, "I surrendered my life to the teachings Christ" No mention of Repentance of you as a sinner heading to hell and understanding receiving the eternal forgiveness of sins (Heb. 9:12). Surrender? what does that even mean, is that faith? it sounds like works to me.
    The fact that you believe that you spoke in tongues as you "Receiving Holy Spirit", is already an indication of a works based salvation. Instead of saying blood of Jesus Christ forgives you, nothing you mention of Jesus death on the cross of your sins personally. This rather tells all of us here that:

    YOU ARENT SAVED YET, YOU DIDN'T REALLY BELEIVE IN THE BLOOD OF THE FORGIVENESS ON THE CROSS

    Here's the truth of the matter: The Korean churches sent you this pamphlet, because when Missionaries from America and Europe preached in Korea in the 1950s, The Christianity they had was corrupted, they prayed loudly, sang loudly, devoted themselves on mountains, till the missionaries asked them, are any of you assured of your salvation truly born again by the blood of Jesus Christ" Almost no one could confess being saved, or what being born again even means. So when finally humble Korean pastors listened to the missionaries they themselves got saved, and upset the arrogant Presbyterian, Methodist pastors who didn't have any born-again experience nor admit that they were unsaved. Some Presbyterian pastors converted, finally got saved and listened. Thus the outsiders called them "salvation sect" or "guwonpa". Even now many people and even pastors are finally getting saved, preaching to their communities to right way to be saved.
    Of course the reaction from those who don't want to repent for salvation, wrote that pamphlet which you just posted". They are similar to Pharisees in Jesus' times, except for some. i.e. Nicodemus (Jn. 3:1-16) and Apostle Paul (Acts 9). Hardened hearted other Korean churches called them a sect. (Acts. 24:14).
    Here is your real test by God: If you haven't truly repented for your sins as a sinner going to hell and believing in the eternal redemption, then you still can. Your conscience knows this, if you have doubts of your salvation, and without any assurance. It will haunt you asking you , "are you really saved?, do you really believe you are going to heaven?". You could guide back more souls to Christ, if you truly and finally get born-again. You can attend their bible seminars yourself, and see if it is false or not. Or quietly as their pastor for some discussion of this matter secretly, like Nicodemus did. And finally teach the right way like Apostle Paul did. That would be the uttermost glorious endeavor.
    Or you can keep kicking against the goads, going against your conscience, holding on to your "tongues", "wonders", etc Till the Lord says, "I never knew you, depart me from me you who practice lawlessness." (Matt. 7:15-23).
    The Choice is yours, for the rest of allotted Life-time God has granted you to get saved . I pray that you choose wisely and research all aspects very carefully

    ReplyDelete