November 5, 2018

First copies of my book

My book was still in the press. We were preparing for its launch in a few days in Kathmandu. Sister Khem Kumari Garbuja from UK asked if we could make it available earlier than expected because a brother was leaving for UK. It so happened, the press delivered on time. We sent our very first copies to her before the formal launch. How glad I am to see the church family rejoicing for it!

I come from one of the most remote districts in Nepal. I remember myself wondering about the possible world on the other side of those mountains. I was sixteen when I first got in a bus to explore the world outside. It was a terrifying experience as if the bus was making a literal descent. The rest is history.

35 years ago, in divine providence, I had known something about Jesus Christ through a book while living in my world behind those mountains. But did not know who he really was. I inquired in the village, but no one knew about him. I thought to myself, "what a great loss for humanity to not to know such an amazing person." Desire to make him known began to grow in my heart right there in those hamlets along the banks of a huge mountain river.

By the time I was 19, I had entered into full time pastoral ministry. However, I wanted to reach out to more people so that I could tell them about the Lord Jesus Christ I came to know behind those mountains.

Sadly I also found out, many Christian ministers don't simply want to preach the gospel; they want to make profit out of it. So, I chose a lonely path in Nepal. It was a difficult decision. I did not face opposition from Hindu friends, but many Christian pastors and missionaries haunted me down in every turn.

Then came the world of Internet. I began to blog about my faith in Jesus Christ and the need to preach the gospel and not sell it. Then came the world of social media and soon, my voice found a platform which many pastors and missionaries in Nepal had tried to shut.

From 2006, my audio and video messages went across the world where many Nepalese diaspora are living and working. Within Nepal, my voice began to fall in the ears of many believers even though some pastors warned their believers not to listen.

It was in this context that I felt to put my life in a book so that the precious friends who hear my voice would also know the kind of man behind that voice. Of course this book is not so much about my life but what Christ has done in my life. This is also a book for non-Christian friends to try and see who this Jesus really is.

After 35 years, my desire to make Jesus known to many Nepalese friends has come true. Now, I am working on to make this book into English for a wider audience. Please keep me in your prayers so that this desire to make Christ known would continue to grow and I would keep finding new ways to do so.

I thank God for friends like you who pray for me! I give you my word; I keep you all in my prayers. Some of you I know by name, some by face and others only in the spirit. But we are a family, a large family and there will come a time when we shall know face to face.

Until that day comes, let us surrender our lives to the Lord Jesus Christ and continue to share the gospel to those who would listen.

No comments:

Post a Comment