January 16, 2020

Died as a poor man but left a rich church: Paul


Just in 13 verses in 2 Timothy 4:9-22, Paul mentions 17 brothers and sisters by name in addition to many others that were not named. Out of the 17, one abandoned Paul and another opposed him.

The wonderful thing about Paul is that even for those who abandoned or opposed him, his prayer was that it would not be held against them.

Paul loved the company of many brothers and sisters in Christ. Some came to Christ through his ministry, some were in Christ before him or came through others. But he loved to invest his life into their lives.

Materially speaking, by the time he was martyred, he didn’t even have an extra pair of warm clothes to beat the Roman winter. Most likely, before Timothy could bring his old cloak, he was killed. He died a poor man in the eyes of the world. But he left a very rich church. This is what was said about great John Wesley too!

As a student of Paul, nothing gives me more joy than to invest my life into the lives of brothers and sisters God brings into my life and ministry.

I thank God for those who are with me in 2020, and I pray for those who have moved on. For Guwahati, I am grateful to God for bringing Allen Wotsa, Valpuia Renthlei, Max Satboi Thangeo, Boisi Bhatta into the team and I am looking forward to spending time with the team in Kathmandu.

Allen has been a steady hand of support and Valpuia a constant source of joy. Max is a force to push us forward and Boisi the glue that puts us all together. I am just an extra that is needed once a while when the going gets tough. I miss Tridib and Manajit but they remain the faithful members of Guwahati team from a far. I thank God for Jitu and Pranab who will be joining our leadership team in the upcoming days.

Kathmandu is entirely in a different dimension. Ganesh has done a remarkable work in putting together an amazing team of committed disciples of Christ with whom I love to spend time whenever it is possible.


No comments:

Post a Comment